Important update: We have been informed that a member of Leprecon committee has tested positive for COVID-19 the day after the convention. If you were at the convention, we recommend you get a test to make sure you’re okay. Rest up, and stay safe!
Leprecon 41 will be the first time the convention is held since before the COVID-19 pandemic. As we move back to an in-person world, we are committed to ensuring, to the extent of our abilities, that Leprecon stays a safe environment in regards to COVID-19.
As per Public Health Guidelines, Leprecon Committee would ask that you only attend the convention if you are vaccinated.
Leprecon COVID-19 Policy
1. Health Screening
- If you have any of the following symptoms; a high temperature, persistent cough, loss of taste or smell, the Leprecon Committee would ask that you not attend the convention.
- If coughing/sneezing are your only symptoms, access may be granted to the convention if you have proof of two negative antigen tests from within the last 24 hours.
- If you have been a close contact of someone with Covid-19 within the last two weeks, but are asymptomatic, access may be granted to the convention if you have proof of two negative antigen tests from within the last 24 hours.
- If you have been told to self-isolate, we would ask you not to attend the convention.
2. Hand Hygiene
- Hand Sanitiser will be provided at every rpg table and around the con.
- Attendees are advised to sanitise their hands upon entry into the event space and regularly thereafter.
- RPG tables will be wiped down between games
- Every table in the main event space will be cleaned at minimum once at the start/end of the day
- Main event space tables will also be cleaned by Convention Staff when they are not in use by attendees
3. Respiratory Hygiene
- Masks are mandatory inside of the event space (Goldsmith Hall). Masks may be removed only while actively eating, and only while sitting at a table.
- Attendees will not be permitted access to the convention without a mask.
- If an attendee fails to wear a mask while inside the event space, or improperly wears a mask and is consistently reminded to adjust it, that attendee will be removed from the convention and will not be allowed return.
- Where possible, doors and windows must be kept open to allow for maximum ventilation
4. Physical Distancing
- Leprecon will have a hard cap of 350 attendees.
- A one way system will be in place and clearly demarcated at the convention, and we would strongly advise that attendees follow that system.
- Traders and Con Desks will not be positioned within 2 metres of one another.
- Board Game tables will not be positioned within 2 metres of each other.
- Attendees are not required to remain 2 metres apart while at tables, but it is advised that attendees maintain reasonable distance as best they can.
5. Suspect Cases
- If you feel you are suffering from any of the symptoms listed under Section 1a, you must immediately report yourself to Front Desk.
- Convention Staff will take your temperature to determine if you are running a fever, and you may be asked to take an Antigen test.
- You must also give your name to Convention Staff, as well as inform them of the RPG’s you played (if any), as well as any board games you played and who you played them with (if possible).
- Afterwards, you may be asked to return home.
6. Contact Tracing
- Our Covid Officer or their deputy will be stationed at Front Desk, and will be taking the names and details of all attendees as they first enter the event
- These details will not be released to the public or used for any reason other than to contact the HSE, and/or to contact you if we believe you have been a close contact of somebody at the con.
- These details will be destroyed after 14 days.
- In the weeks following the convention, if you develop symptoms of Covid-19 as listed in Section 1a, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org